Saturday, August 2, 2008

I got my license!!!

I had my drive test today. I was so nervous. I could hardly sleep last night. My test didn't start until 10:30 but we decided to leave at about 9:15 (it only takes about 30 minutes to get there) and practice for a little while. Well, when it was finally 10:30 the instructor and I got in the car and began the test.

Here's what she had me do:
- parallel park (I failed it. It's really hard to parallel park a suburban if you aren't used to it)
- back around a corner (when do you ever have to back around a corner?)
- hand signals (left turn, right turn, and stop)
- park on a hill (I did this perfectly)
- and many, many more things

The test only lasted about 15 minutes...it was the longest 15 minutes of my life! Well, when we were done with my test she went over what I did wrong as I "listened". Then, they failed to tell us before the test that we had to take a number and wait to be called to sign up for a license and take the picture (my picture is horrible). So, we picked a number. Ours was 361 and they were on 343. This was going to take forever! We decided to take this opportunity to go to safeway (it's right next door) and buy stuff that we need for home. When we got back from Safeway they were only on 346 or something like that. I got done with my test at about 11:00 am. When we finally left the DMV it was about 12:30 pm. It was horrible. It probably wasn't a smart idea to make an appointment for a drive test on a Saturday. They are always busiest on Saturdays. However, I am really glad that I passed and that I now have my license...NO MORE TAKING THE BUS!!!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Way to go Kylie!!

Carrie said...

Congratulations Kylie!!! Thats so exciting :)

Kelly said...

Kylie, I'm happy for you and your mom. Now you can run some of your household errands. Don't forget to keep your cell phone put away while you are driving. Be safe, sweet girl. We love you.