Thursday, September 4, 2008

Josh's Baptism

Josh

Dad and Josh before the baptism

Family picture

Grandma and Josh

Grandpa and Josh



Last week was a very busy time for us as we prepared for Josh's baptism. My grandma Pat and aunt Linda came in on Wednesday, August, 27, 2008. My grandpa Ron came in on Thursday, August, 28, 2008 and my grandpa Wiser came in on Friday, August 29, 2008. On Friday I had to work for a little while but while I was at work my family went to the grocery store to buy food for the baptism. My aunt is an amazing cook. My mom calls her the "kitchen Nazi". So, she's the one that decided what food we should have at the baptism and cooks it all. We had chicken salad sandwiched, fruit with dip, vegetables with dip, raspberry punch, and her homemade salsa and chips along with a cake from Costco. That night my grandpa Ron took Josh to an Aquasox game for his birthday. Aquasox is the Everett baseball team. However, they had to leave the game early due to the rain. That night my dad went out to dinner with Jackson and my grandpa Wiser. They went to Applebees. That left me, grandma Pat, aunt Linda, and my mom to stop by the church and put everything in the fridge and set up the tables. Then we drove to Lynnwood and went shopping and then we went to Olive Garden for dinner. It was really good. We spent the next day getting ready to leave for the baptism at 10:00 am. When 10 rolled around we all piled into the cars and drove to the baptism and started preparing everything. Once the baptism started it was great. However, half way through I realized that my mom didn't put my name on the program. I was supposed to play a musical number before he got confirmed and my mom didn't put me on the program. But she fixed that for me. They just announced me during the program. When we were all done we got to talk to everyone in the Young Womens room while we enjoyed the wonderful food that Linda prepared for us. It was a great experience. Everything about this was amazing. I'm excited that Joshua decided to get baptized and that he is living according to his standards.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I hope you had fun with the house full of relatives. I'm sure it was crowded, but I'm sure Josh was honored that every one came. I know Linda must have had fun to be with you and your mom without any of her own kids. I agree that Linda is a fabulous cook, she takes after your Grandma Pat.
I don't like Olive Garden at all, though. Yucky, in fact there isn't really any restaurant that I like eating at. It probably comes from working in a restaurant when I was younger and seeing what goes on behind the scenes. I'll stick to family dinners.