Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Thanksgiving...SURPRISE

So for this Thanksgiving I totally wanted to surprise my mom by coming home for Thanksgiving. So, my dad and I tried everything. We looked at airplane tickets and train tickets and busses and everything we could possibly think of. Then, after awhile I gave up. I figured there was no way I was going to be able to get home for Thanksgiving. So...I bought a bus ticket to go down to Utah for Thanksgiving and I was set on that idea when I decided to try one more option. I emailed all of my friends from Washington that are up here at BYU-Idaho asking them if they were driving down to Washington for Thanksgiving. None of them were...then I tried the drivers board (or whatever it's called). It's this thing that BYU-Idaho has where people say if they can drive and, if you want a ride home, then you just ask them and you have a ride home. Unfortunately I didn't find a ride on there. Then, I realized that I didn't ask some of my facebook friends. So, I emailed all of my facebook friends and none of them were going home but....one of them had a suggestion. They told me that this guy that used to be in our ward in Everett, WA was going home for Thanksgiving and she thought that he was driving. So, I added him as a friend on facebook and asked him if he would be willing to give me a ride and he said.....SURE!!! I was so stoked! The minute I found out I called my dad and told him the good news.

So, on the morning of November 21st he picked me up, along with 2 other people that are from Snoqualmie, WA, around 6:00 am and we drove for a long time. We only stopped 3 times and that was only to get gas. The weather wasn't too bad. I don't think there was any snow on the road the whole way there. Then, we got in Lake Stevens around 5:00 and I wasn't supposed to go over to my house until my mom was getting ready to leave. So, I went over to my neighbor Kanani's house and hung out with them for a while. Then, when 6:00 rolled around Tanya came and picked me up and we went to pick my mom up together. They were going to go to dinner and a movie and I was going to tag along with them. Then, when I walked in the door my mom was surprised. I wish I had a picture of her expression. It was priceless! It was such a good surprise!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That is so cool, Ky. I'm happy for Katie. You are a good girl.