Friday, September 3, 2010

an update on my life

This past 6 months or so has been crazy!! Here's a recap on what has happened. Sorry I haven't updated in a long time. Starting in April I got a job as a nanny in New York City. Yeah...that didn't work out so well. Basically within one week I flew to New York, lived with this family for two or three days, got kicked out of their house, lived with a local bishop for a night and then flew back to Washington. it was a CRAZY week for me. That was my very first time flying all by myself and I was kinda scared but I figured it out and it really isn't that bad.

Then I got home and I was home for one day and I had to turn right back around and fly to Rexburg, ID to start school. My schedule for fall semester was a pretty good one. Here are the classes I took:

Basic Music Theory: B+
Book of Mormon: B
Music Methods: A
Social Studies Methods: B+
Time Management: A
Test Skills: A
Children's Literature: B+

I really enjoyed my Children's Literature class. All of my other classes were great but I really enjoyed Children's Literature.

My roommates for Spring 2010 semester weren't all that great but what are you gonna do. I don't seem to have very good luck with roommates. I only had three roommates to begin with and then one of them moved out. Their names were Eliza, Miki and Andrea. Andrea like to tickle people and rub my ear and it drove me nuts. Miki didn't do anything. She watched movies with herself in her room ALL the time!! Eliza just thought she was better than everyone so we just didn't get along.

After Spring semester was over I went home for a couple weeks and then I came back to live in Rexburg and continue my job. I got a job as an early morning custodian. I work from 4:00 in the morning to 7:00 in the morning during the semester. When we are off of school we can work until noon which is really nice.

I loved my roommates for the summer session. Go figure. I'm only with them for five weeks and I actually like them. Their names are Natalie Reed, Devri Solomon, Tran Nugyen, and Courtney Davis. Courtney is going to be my roommate for fall too. I'm so excited to meet my roommate for fall. They will all be here by Monday (that's in two day...CRAZY!!) I'm pretty excited. Well I guess that's all that has been going on. I will try to be better with this posting thing from now on. I definitely haven't been good at it lately.

No comments: