Sunday, September 12, 2010

the first week of school is over!

Well I started school again on Thursday, September 9th, 2010. I've only been to school for two days but I think I'm going to like it. My schedule is looking really good right now.

On Thursday I start out super early (as every other day) at 3:00 in the morning when I get up for work. Then I work from 4-7 and I go straight to classes.

From 8:00-9:30 I have geography methods with Brother Madsen. He seems like he's going to be a fun teacher. I've only been once but he seems very interesting. I didn't even fall asleep in his class even though I had already been up for 5 hours
at that point.

From 9:45-11:15 I have women's health with Sister Parkinson. She's very interesting and animated. She kept me awake that's for sure. She tells funny stories and stuff to keep us engaged. I think this is going to be a very useful class even though she's going to be hard. There's a lot of homework for this class.

From 11:30-12:30 I have Motivation and Management with Sister McManus. She's very interesting too. All of my teachers this semester are very animated and excited. I'm pretty excited for this semester. In this class we learn how to motivate students and how to manage a classroom.

From 12:45 to 1:45 I have church history with Brother Stephens. He's the only teacher I'm worried about falling asleep in his class. His voice is very monotone and stuff. I'm excited for the material because I don't know much about our church history. I just hope I don't fall asleep.

If you hadn't noticed my Tuesday and Thursday schedule are very booked. I have to hurry to each class because from the first class to the second class I have to go across campus. Then from the second class to the third class I have to go across campus and the same for the third and fourth class. After Thursday my feet killed and my back hurt so bad from carrying all of those books. I always thought that I just had a bad back but it didn't hurt at all during the summer when I didn't have classes. Then as soon as I started classes again it started hurting. I guess it's all those dang books.

My Friday schedule was a little nicer. I only had two classes and I was done by 11:00. Of course, I started again at 3:00 in the morning to get ready for work and stuff.

From 7:45 to 8:45 I had math 108 with Sister Kennelly. The teacher seems really nice but I'm afraid of falling asleep in this class too. I almost did on Friday...but I stopped myself.

From 9:00-11:00 I have Early Field Experience with Sister Biamonte. This is my first practical experience in the elementary schools. We are starting in the elementary school on Wednesday. I'm kind of nervous but excited at the same time. it should be good. I don't have to teach right away but in about a month I will probably have to start teaching some lessons. I will either be placed in a second grade classroom or in the music classroom. I'm excited for either one. I just hope I do a good job!
On Monday and Wednesday I have an extra class from 11:30 to 12:30 after I'm done at the elementary school but I haven't had it yet so I can't really tell you about it. It's called education technology and my teacher is Brother Allen. I'll let you know more about that one later. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: